Approved organisations for delivering immunisation programs
Authorised registered health practitioners must only administer the vaccines specified in the Vaccine Administration Code (the Code) and as part of a program delivered by an approved organisation.
- the National Immunisation Program (NIP)
- the New Arrival Refugee Immunisation Program (NARI)
- occupational health program
- the Seasonal Influenza Program
- Pharmacy Vaccination Service
- the recommendations for specific vaccines or the recommendations for special risk groups as stipulated in the Australian Immunisation Handbook (excluding travel vaccines and the management of a
Recognised health facilities
Recognised health facilities are organisations that do not need to seek approval from the Minister for Health (the Minister). These organisations include Local Health Networks that are part of SA Health, SA Ambulance Service, councils and council subsidiaries.
Other organisations employing authorised registered health practitioners to deliver immunisation programs without medical orders require approval from the Minister.
How to apply to become an approved organisation
The organisations delivering immunisation programs information guide (PDF 240KB) outlines the requirements to become an approved organisation, including the application form (refer to appendix 1).
In addition, organisations seeking approval will need to apply to register with the Australian Immunisation Register see How to register as a provider and request access to the AIR.
Organisations who have had their application approved by the Minister for Health are listed below:
See the list of SA Health approved pharmacies (PDF 412KB) to deliver immunisation services in South Australia.
Other organisations who are approved organisations by SA Health to deliver approved immunisation programs include:
- Aspen Corporate Health
- Australian Professional Health Services
- Australian Vaccine Services Pty Ltd
- Australian Red Cross Blood Service
DesjanPty Ltd trading as Pop-up Medics
- Healthcare Australia
- Industrial First Aid Services
- Jobfit Health Group Pty Ltd
- Kimberly-Clark Australia
- Limestone Coast Health Unit Trust (Kingston Medical Centre)
- Medimobile Pty Ltd
- Medvet Science Pty Ltd
- Nganampa Health Council
- Royal District Nursing Service (RDNS) SA Ltd
- SA Healthfirst Solutions Pty Ltd
- South Australia Police
- Sportsmed SA
- The Investigator Clinic
VaxWorksHealth Services Pty Ltd