Approved organisations for delivering immunisation programs
Authorised registered health practitioners must only administer the vaccines specified in the Vaccine Administration Code (the Code) and as part of a program delivered by an approved organisation.
The approved organisations requirements are to deliver vaccines within the listed immunisation programs:
- the National Immunisation Program (NIP)
- the New Arrival Refugee Immunisation Program (NARI)
- occupational health program
- the Seasonal Influenza Program
- Pharmacy Vaccination Service
- the recommendations for specific vaccines or the recommendations for special risk groups as stipulated in the Australian Immunisation Handbook (excluding travel vaccines and the management of a tetanus prone wound).
Recognised health facilities
Recognised health facilities are organisations that do not need to seek approval from the Minister for Health and Wellbeing (the Minister). These organisations include Local Health Networks that are part of SA Health, SA Ambulance Service, councils and council subsidiaries.
Other organisations employing authorised registered health practitioners to deliver immunisation programs without medical orders require approval from the Minister.
How to apply to become an approved organisation
The Organisations delivering immunisation programs: Information guide (PDF 240KB) outlines the requirements to become an approved organisation, including the application form (refer to appendix 1).
In addition, pharmacies seeking approval will need to apply to register with the Australian Immunisation Register see How to register as a provider and obtain access to AIR Information Guide (PDF 298KB).
SA Health is currently reviewing the processes for the approval of other organisation for immunisation programs in South Australia and is not processing applications at present. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Organisations who have had their application approved by the Minister are listed below:
See the list of SA Health approved pharmacies (PDF 412KB) to deliver immunisation services in South Australia.
Other organisations who are approved organisations by SA Health to deliver approved immunisation programs include:
- Aspen Corporate Health
- Australian Professional Health Services
- Australian Vaccine Services Pty Ltd
- Australian Red Cross Blood Service
- Desjan Pty Ltd trading as Pop-up Medics
- Healthcare Australia
- Industrial First Aid Services
- Jobfit Health Group Pty Ltd
- Kimberly-Clark Australia
- Limestone Coast Health Unit Trust (Kingston Medical Centre)
- Medimobile Pty Ltd
- Medvet Science Pty Ltd
- Nganampa Health Council
- Royal District Nursing Service (RDNS) SA Ltd
- Health and Immunisation Management Services
- South Australia Police
- Sportsmed SA
- The Investigator Clinic
- VaxWorks Health Services Pty Ltd
- Worcomp Pty Ltd