Allied Health Professionals plus Professional Development Reimbursement Program (AHP+PDRP)
AHP+PDRP provides additional Professional Development (PD) funds for eligible allied health and scientific health staff working in SA Health.
Round 2 of the 2018/19 AHP+PDRP year will open on 22 October and close on 23 November 2018, for:
- Direct reimbursement (payments made on or after 1 April 2018) and
See the following for information on the program:
- Who can apply
- What the program covers
- Critical dates
- Type of applications
- Further information
Current SA Health employees who meet all the following criteria:
- work under the South Australian Modern Public Sector Enterprise Agreement: Salaried 2017 and
- classified as either of the following:
- an Allied Health Professional (AHP)
- Dental Officer (DO)
- Grant Funded Scientist (
- Legal Officer (LE, LEC or LSC)
- Medical Physicist (MPH)
- Medical Scientist (
- Professional Officer (PO)
- have registration or professional body requirements that include continuing professional development for registration or accrediting purposes.
The AHP+PDRP covers the reasonable reimbursement of professional development activity costs for individuals and groups up to a capped amount per financial year.
The following items cannot be approved:
- entertaining colleagues/others while at courses/conferences
- providing meals or refreshments, including to paid/unpaid staff
- purchase of medical equipment, for
- Commonwealth supported places or fees1 paid via a Higher Education Loan Repayment (HELP) or equivalent scheme cannot be approved2
- professional registration, professional association membership or Union fees
- professional insurance
- computers including laptops, PDAs,
iPads, mobile phones and phone plans
- internet subscriptions including rental and plan costs
- audio-visual equipment including TVs, monitors and cameras
- payment made on a salary sacrifice card or account, for
Reimbursement for the following items may be supported through existing local funding rather than the AHP+PDRP. The AHP+PDRP will not approve these items as the expenditure associated with them is difficult to administer efficiently via the AHP+ PDRP or has been deemed the responsibility of departments or employees:
- incidental travel expenses including travel insurance, petrol mileage, meals
text booksand professional or trade journals
- coaching or mentoring activities.
Refer to SA Health's Travel and FBT Policy Directive for more information on Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT) implications for travel.
1 - Eligible
2 - Fees will not be reimbursed regardless of whether they are paid up-front or via HECS HELP.
The 2018/19 AHP+PDRP year runs from 1 April 2018 until 31 March 2018.
Round opening and closing dates for 2018/19 AHP+PDRP year:
- Round 1: Now closed
- Round 2 : opens on Monday 22 October 2018 and closes on Friday 23 November 2018;
- Round 3: TBA (subject to availability)
Types of applications
Where an employee has already incurred the expenses associated with their professional development expenses.
Open to individual applicants only.
Employees and groups can seek prior approval for expenses before the activity occurs.
During eligible rounds employees can submit direct reimbursement and seek pre-approval as part of 1 application.
When a manager or discipline group determines
Where the cost of the activity is greater than $200 per head then this amount will be deducted from the
Applications can only be submitted via the online system during round opening times.
All relevant documents should be uploaded and attached to your online application. If you have any difficulties, please email the AHP+PDRP team.
You (or the organiser) will receive an email three weeks after the close of the round notifying you of the outcome.
Travelling overseas? Then you must submit the Overseas Travel Application Form (DOC 176KB) as part of your application. The application will not be assessed until this document is provided.
Applications can only be submitted by a Manager or appropriate delegate.
If application approved the organiser will be required to supply the Allied and Scientific Health Office:
- letter of agreement signed by both parties
proposalfrom provider outlying services to be provided
- a participant list and results of the evaluation undertaken, on completion of the activity.
In accordance with the Australian Taxation Office, all invoices must meet a minimum standard. Refer
For proof of payment, bank statements must be supplied.
Director/Manager Support (PDF 20KB) - Pre-approval applications only
For further information on the program, including help applying for the program, contact the AHP+PDRP team at AHPplus@health.sa.gov.au or phone (08) 8226 6406 or refer to the AHP+PDRP Policy Directive (PDF 203KB)