Commonwealth Aged Care Services
The Commonwealth Department of Health provides a range of Aged Care Services through various programs to older Australians and the people who support and care for them.
Some of the Australian Government funded ageing and aged care programs include:
- Home Care Packages (HCP)
- Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP)
- Permanent Residential care
- Residential Respite Care
- Transition Care Programme (TCP)
- Short Term Restorative Care (STRC)
My Aged Care
My Aged Care is the main entry point for clients seeking access to Australian Government funded aged care services.
The My Aged Care system aims to make it easier for older people, their families, and carers to access information on ageing and aged care, have their needs assessed and be supported to find and access services.
- Consumers seeking to access Aged Care services subsidised by the Government please visit the My Aged Care Website or call 1800 200 422.
- Service providers should contact My Aged Care on 1800 836 799 for all My Aged Care service provider portal enquiries.
More information for Service Providers can be found on the Department of Health Service Providers page.
Health Care Professionals
- The Department of Health Professionals page provides hospitals, GPs and other community-based health professionals with information on My Aged Care and the process for referring older patients (aged 65 years and over and 50 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people) to aged care services.