Enterprise Chemotherapy Prescribing System
SA Health's tender process for a single statewide Enterprise Chemotherapy Prescribing System (ECPS) is currently in progress.
A statewide ECPS will:
- support the needs of both adults and children attending any of the 21 public hospital sites across metropolitan and country South Australia with either a solid or blood tumour presentation requiring chemotherapy
- improve patient experience in receiving the right medication at the right time
- support SA Health chemotherapy service site staff by improving the safety of the entire medication management process for their patients
- reduce the risk of adverse events relating to chemotherapy and cancer survival in South Australian public hospitals
- improve medication safety resulting in a reduction in errors and serious untoward events.
It is expected that the successful vendor will be selected by mid-2020. Commencement of implementation activities is targeted to begin in the second half of 2020.
For more information about the Enterprise Chemotherapy Prescribing System please contact HealthECPSProject@sa.gov.au
You can also check this page regularly for updates.