Yorke and Northern Local Health Network response to coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Yorke and Northern Local Health Network continue to respond in partnership with SA Health and the Government of South Australia to keep our communities safe.
The Yorke and Northern Local Health Network have a dedicated Incident Management Team that meets regularly to determine the best course of action for our health services and the community.
Testing: how and where to get tested for COVID-19
Visit the Testing forfor COVID-19 page for information on:
- who can get tested
- how and where to get tested
- what to do after your test
- what to do if you have a positive or negative test result.
Visit the COVID-19 Clinics and Testing Centres page to find your closest dedicated COVID-19 clinic across metropolitan and regional South Australia.
Visiting hour changes for hospitals and aged care services
The safety and welfare of people in our health services and hospitals during COVID 19 means some restrictions for visitors. You can check with your local service regarding visitor restrictions or follow the below links as a guide.
Community and Allied Health Services during COVID-19
The Yorke and Northern Local Health Network Community & Allied Health Services (Country Health Connect) will continue to provide services during the COVID-19 pandemic to support the community during this time of significant need.
The delivery of community & allied health services may be temporarily unavailable or delivered in different ways to ensure the safety of our clients. This may include home care, telehealth or support over the phone.
Should you have an appointment during a time when the Yorke and Northern Local Health Network is experiencing restrictions, we will contact you if there needs to be any change to this service.
For more information, you can call:
- The Country Referral Unit on 1800 944 912 (for Yorke Peninsula or Lower North residents)
- GP Plus Port Pirie on (08) 8638 1100 (for Mid North or Port Pirie residents).
For other information and updates on COVID-19
- follow Yorke and Northern Local Health Network on Facebook or SA Health on Facebook
- find out information on COVID-19 vaccinations
- for information in languages other than English, see our translated resources page
- check out some COVID-19 frequently asked questions
- ask Zoe, our COVID-19 virtual assistant
- visit the COVID-19 page
- call The Disability Gateway Coronavirus (COVID-19): Support for people with disability (PDF 542KB)
- call the SA COVID-19 Information Line on 1800 253 787
- call the SA COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line on 1800 632 753 8.00 am to 8.00 pm 7 days or visit the Mental Health support page.