Low Negligible Risk Research at SALHN
As per the National Statement chapter 2.1.6, low risk research is defined as 'the only foreseeable risk is one of discomfort. Research in which the risk for participants is more serious than discomfort is not low risk'.
As a general rule, Low Negligible Risk (LNR) applications are reviewed out of session and do not go to full committee, unless they contain a request for waiver of consent, involve a vulnerable participant population or are being submitted under NMA.
If issues are identified by the committee in the review that require further review, it may be referred to the next available full committee meeting.
- Cover Letter for Ethics and Governance Submissions (DOC 235KB)
- Low and Negligible Risk Form - for ethics and SALHN governance concurrent application submissions (DOC 61KB)
- Study Protocol Template – for ethics and SALHN governance concurrent application submissions (DOC 99KB)
- Participant Information Sheet/Consent Form Template
- Participant Information Sheet/Consent Form Contact Details (PDF 139KB)
Non-SALHN employee supporting documentation
- Non-SALHN employee - Confidentiality Deed non-SALHN employee (DOC 299KB)
- SALHN Co-Principal Investigator Form (PDF 192KB)