Eyre and Far North Local Health Network response to coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Visiting hour changes for hospitals and aged care services
Visiting hours: 2.00pm – 3.00pm or 6.00pm – 7.00pm (Please negotiate any visits outside these times)
of visitors: Two visitors per day
Each visitor must only visit once per day, either between 2.00pm -3.00pm or 6.00pm – 7.00pm.
Location of visit: Patients/residents room or outside
Emergency and Outpatient Departments
To protect the health and safety of people in our health services and hospitals during COVID-19, changes to visitor number limits have been introduced at all SA Health Hospitals.
From 6 August 2020, only one visitor per patient is allowed in Emergency Departments and Outpatients Departments.
This is to make sure physical distancing can be adhered to and reduce the number of people in waiting rooms.
More information on visiting our hospitals and health services is available on the SA Health website at https://bit.ly/33skRo9
Visitors are not permitted if:
- They have a cold/flu or are feeling unwell
- They have a fever or symptoms of acute respiratory infection, e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath
- They have acute unexplained loss of smell or altered sense of taste
- They are awaiting the results of a Covid Swab and should therefore be self-isolating
- They have returned from overseas, Victoria, New South Wales, the ACT, or the Greater Brisbane and Ipswich areas in the past 14 days
- They have been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days
- They have not been vaccinated against influenza after 1 May 2020 (aged care facilities only)
Please note: Visitors must practice physical distancing and remain 1.5m between each person. Phone calls and videos are encouraged.
Aged care residents
- Residents in aged care units are now free to leave and return without restrictions.
- Children of any age can now visit residential aged care facilities.
- Residents can have up to two family members, friends or volunteers provide a social support visit each day and facilities can approve additional visits where appropriate.
- From Friday 1 May, all staff and visitors to our residential aged care services must be vaccinated against seasonal influenza.
Surgeries and procedures
- Elective surgeries have now resumed