Eyre and Far North Local Health Network response to coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Visiting hour changes for hospitals and aged care services
Visiting hours: 2.00pm – 3.00pm or 6.00pm – 7.00pm (Please negotiate any visits outside these times)
of visitors: Two visitors per day
Each visitor must only visit once per day, either between 2.00pm -3.00pm or 6.00pm – 7.00pm.
Location of visit: Patients/residents room or outside
Visitors are not permitted if:
- They have a cold/flu or are feeling unwell
- They have returned from overseas Victoria, New South Wales or the ACT in the past 14 days
- They have been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days
- They have a fever or symptoms of acute respiratory infection, e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath
- They have acute unexplained loss of smell or altered sense of taste
- They have not been vaccinated against influenza after 1 May 2020 (aged care facilities only)
Please note: Visitors must practice physical distancing and remain 1.5m between each person. Phone calls and videos are encouraged.
Aged care residents
- Residents in aged care units are now free to leave and return without restrictions.
- Children of any age can now visit residential aged care facilities.
- Residents can have up to two family members, friends or volunteers provide a social support visit each day and facilities can approve additional visits where appropriate.
- From Friday 1 May, all staff and visitors to our residential aged care services must be vaccinated against seasonal influenza.
Surgeries and procedures
- Elective surgeries have now resumed