Country Patient Journey
As a key initiative for Country Health SA the Country Patient Journey Initiative was introduced to improve the outcomes for people living in country South Australia needing to access health services locally, regionally and from Adelaide-based services.
The objectives of this initiative werre:
- To improve the journey for people from Country SA needing to travel away from home to access health services.
- To reduce the number of avoidable referrals for country residents to Adelaide-based health services.
- To decrease the length of time country residents spend in Adelaide hospitals.
- To improve the preparedness of country residents returning home from Adelaide by improving discharge planning.
- To facilitate the improvement and development of appropriate health services and clinical networks across Country South Australia.
Over the years of the Country Patient Journey Initiative the work became less of an ‘initiative’ and more embedded set of core principles inherent in improving health outcomes for people from country SA and increasing access to services closer to home.
To access the Country Patient Journey publications please use the links in the tabs below.
Country Patient Journey Storybook
The Patient Journey Storybook publication developed by Dr Anne Johnson for the Health Consumers Alliance of SA on behalf of Country Health SA Local Health Network was launched by the Hon John Hill, Minister for Health and Ageing on Thursday 17 November 2011.
The publication captures the work of the Patient Journey Initiative Steering Committee and the innovative work of health professionals, non-government organisations and community advocates to bring about change to health services for people living in country South Australia.
Dating back to 2006 the Initiative is a partnership with Country Health SA Local Health Network and rural communities, which started to lay the groundwork to build a better and more integrated system of care for country people.
Country Patient Journey resources
Country Patient Journey communiqués
- Health Living after Cancer
- Update on the Under Our Roof accommodation
- Aboriginal Community & Consumer Engagement Strategy & CHSALHN Aboriginal Health Experts by Experience Register
- Exciting training opportunities offered to Adelaide Hills Cardiac Services Coordinator
- Angel Flight
- PATS online portal
- The Heart Foundations Health Information Service
- New Online System to reduce paperwork for country patients
- NAIDOC 2016
- Adelaide Shores Resort and Big4 Adelaide Shores Caravan Park
- Cancer Council SA
- My Aged Care
- Louisa DaCosta Trust
- Patient Liaison Network Coordinator Leave Arrangements
- Hospital Research Foundation
- Country Liaison Nurse
- Inner North Aboriginal Health Team
- OASIS Accommodation
- For noting
- Virtual Clinical Care (VCC) Home Tele-monitoring Service
- Review of the Patient Assistance Transport Scheme (PATS) - update
- Loud Shirt Day at the Country Referral Unit
- Country Referral Unit Update
- Heartbeat House
- Managing Two Worlds
- Patient Liaison Network Forum
- Whyalla Nurse Led Rape and Sexual Assault Support Service
- McGrath Breast Care Nurses in Country SA
- Good News Story - Better Care in the Community, Wallaroo Hospital
- Patient Assistance Transport Scheme (PATS) - February 2015 - Update
- Patient Liaison Network Forum 2015