COVID-19 update 8 December 2021
08 December 2021
There have been three new cases of COVID-19 reported today. There have been 976 cases reported in South Australia to date.
Today’s cases are two women in their 30s and 50s and a man in his 60s. Of these cases, one case acquired their infection locally and is a close contact linked to the Norwood cluster and one case acquired their infection overseas and has been in a medi-hotel since their arrival. A third case acquired their infection interstate and has been classified as historical; this case will not be counted towards our active numbers.
Two previously reported cases have now been removed from our numbers as they have returned interstate.
A woman in her 50s and a man in his 60s remain in the Royal Adelaide Hospital in a stable condition.
Norwood cluster cases
- Total new cases today - 1
- Total cases - 28
New case breakdown
- New cases today - 3
- New cases vaccinated - 2
- New cases unvaccinated - 0
- Vaccination status unknown - 1
- Overseas acquired - 1
- Locally acquired - 1
- Interstate acquired - 1
- Under investigation - 0
- Unlinked - 0
Total case breakdown
- Total new cases since 23 November - 54
- Total active cases - 46
- Total cases - 976
- Deaths - 4
- Tests carried out yesterday - 15,732
Hospitalisation and Health System statistics
- Total cases in hospital - 2
- Total cases in ICU - 0
- Total cases ventilated - 0
- Cases in home quarantine - 4
- Cases in supervised quarantine - 40
- Close contacts identified - 1,340
- First dose vaccinated (12+) - 90.6%
- Second dose vaccinated (12+) - 82.7%
If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how mild, please seek testing as soon as possible.
Find your nearest testing site at www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVIDtesting.
For more information visit https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/ or call the SA COVID-19 Information Line on 1800 253 787.