COVID-19 update 3 May 2021
03 May 2021
There have been three new cases of COVID-19 today, all reported from a medi-hotel. There have been a total of 730 cases notified in South Australia.
Today’s cases include a woman in her 30s, a teenager, and a child, who all acquired their infections overseas, and have been in medi-hotels since their arrival.
A number of COVID-19 exposure sites have been identified in Western Australia. For more updates and testing requirements, and to check if you have visited any of the Western Australian exposure sites, visit Contact tracing.
- Total new cases today - 3
- Total number currently in hospital - 2
- Total cases to date - 730
- Recovered cases - 691
- Deaths - 4
- Tests carried out yesterday - 2,019
- Total tests to date - 1,277,209
- Active cases - 35
- Overseas acquired - 35
- Close contact - 0
- Locally acquired (contact unknown) - 0
- Interstate acquired - 0
- Total vaccinations administered to date - 167,476*
- Figure includes both Commonwealth and SA Health administered vaccines.
All South Australians who have symptoms of COVID-19 should get tested on the day symptoms appear.
- Fever or chills (in the absence of an alternative illness that explains these symptoms)
- An acute respiratory infection e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or alteration in the sense of taste
- Diarrhoea and vomiting