COVID-19 update 25 November 2021
25 November 2021
There are three new cases of COVID-19 reported today. There has been a total of 926 cases notified in South Australia.
Today’s cases are a man in his 50s and a woman in her 20s who both acquired their infection interstate. The third case is a man in his 60s who acquired his infection overseas. All cases are in isolation and have been transferred to a quarantine facility and household close contacts are in quarantine. The COVID operations CDCB team are following up any additional casual contacts and affected businesses.
Three flights have also been impacted:
- Qantas Flight QF733 (Rows 1 to 4) on November 24
- Qantas Flight QF0739 (whole flight) on November 24
- Qantas Flight QF679 (Rows 15-19) on November 23.
Those sitting near infected cases will be directed into quarantine and other passengers will be contacted by SA Health with guidelines they will need to adhere to. Further exposure locations linked to these cases are expected and will be provided later today.
A number of exposure sites have been identified, for more information visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVIDcontacttracing.
The case reported yesterday has returned to Victoria and is no longer counted as an active case in South Australia.
- Total new cases today - 3
- Total number currently in hospital - 0
- Total cases to date - 926
- Recovered cases - 916
- Deaths - 4
- Tests carried out yesterday - 8,029
- Total tests to date - 2,520,448
- Active cases - 5
- Overseas acquired - 3
- Close contact - 0
- Locally acquired (contact unknown) - 0
- Interstate acquired - 2
- Under investigation - 0
- Total vaccinations administered 2,523,145
- First dose vaccinated (16+) 88.2%
- Second dose vaccinated (16+) 79.0%
All South Australians who have symptoms of COVID-19 should get tested on the day symptoms appear. Symptoms include:
- fever or chills (in the absence of an alternative illness that explains these symptoms)
- an acute respiratory infection e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- loss of smell or alteration in the sense of taste
- diarrhoea and vomiting.