COVID-19 update 23 February 2021
23 February 2021
There have been two new cases of COVID-19 today, reported from a medi-hotel. There have been a total of 612 cases notified in South Australia.
Today’s cases are a woman in her 60s and a man in his 50s, who both returned from overseas and have been in a medi-hotel since their arrival.
For the latest updates visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/covidcontacttracing.
- Total new cases today - 2
- Total number currently in hospital - 0
- Total cases to date - 612
- Recovered cases - 604
- Deaths - 4
- Tests carried out yesterday - 3,993
- Total tests to date - 1,073,938
- Active cases - 4
- Overseas acquired - 4
- Close contact - 0
- Locally acquired (contact unknown) - 0
- Interstate acquired - 0
All South Australians who have symptoms of COVID-19 should get tested on the day symptoms appear. Symptoms include:
- Fever or chills (in the absence of an alternative illness that explains these symptoms)
- An acute respiratory infection e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or alteration in the sense of taste
- Diarrhoea and vomiting
For more information: SA COVID-19 Information Line 1800 253 787; sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVID2019