COVID-19 update 20 July 2021
20 July 2021
There have been two new locally
acquired cases of COVID-19 today, as of 2:30pm.
Both cases are men in their 60s who acquired their infection locally but are contacts of confirmed cases. A man in his 80s is in the Royal Adelaide Hospital’s COVID ward in a stable condition.
There is one new case identified in a medi-hotel. A man in his 50s acquired his infection overseas and his been in hotel quarantine since arriving in SA.
From 6:00pm tonight, South Australia will enter a seven-day lockdown. Further details can be found at https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/ once available.
We have identified a number of exposure locations associated with the Modbury cluster. To check if you have visited any of the locations of concern, visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVIDcontacttracing.
Modbury cluster cases
- Total new cases today - 2
- Total cases - 5
Total case breakdown
- Total new cases today - 3
- Total number currently in hospital - 1
- Total cases to date - 839
- Recovered cases - 816
- Deaths - 4
- Tests carried out yesterday - 7,607
- Total tests to date - 1,721,149
- Active cases - 19
- Overseas acquired - 14
- Close contact - 4
- Locally acquired (contact unknown) - 0
- Interstate acquired - 1
- Under investigation - 0
- Total vaccinations administered to date - 738,647*
* Figure includes both Commonwealth and SA Health administered vaccines.