COVID-19 update 2 May 2021
02 May 2021
There have been two new cases of COVID-19 today, both reported from a medi-hotel. There have been a total of 727 cases notified in South Australia.
Today’s cases include a man in his 40s and a woman in her forties, who both acquired their infections overseas and have been in medi-hotels since their arrival. Two people remain in hospital in a stable condition.
A number of COVID-19 exposure sites have been identified in Western Australia. For more updates and testing requirements, and to check if you have visited any of the Western Australian exposure sites, visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/covidcontacttracing.
- Total new cases today - 2
- Total number currently in hospital - 2
- Total cases to date - 727
- Recovered cases - 690
- Deaths - 4
- Tests carried out yesterday - 3,372
- Total tests to date - 1,275,190
- Active cases - 33
- Overseas acquired - 33
- Close contact - 0
- Locally acquired (contact unknown) - 0
- Interstate acquired - 0
- Total vaccinations administered to date - 166,950*
* Figure includes both Commonwealth and SA Health administered vaccines.