COVID-19 update 2 August 2021
02 August 2021
There has been one historical case of COVID-19 identified today in a medi-hotel. There have been a total of 863 cases notified in South Australia.
The historical case is in a child who has been in a medi-hotel since their arrival from overseas. The case is considered an old infection but has been added to our case numbers as it has not been counted overseas.
A man in his 80s, a woman in her 80s, and a woman in her 50s, remain in the Royal Adelaide Hospital in a stable condition.
Some restrictions on activities in SA will ease from Thursday 5 August 2021. More information, including the new Activities Direction will be available at www.covid-19.sa.gov.au.
All exposure locations and associated advice on quarantine and testing requirements relating to the Modbury cluster can be found at: www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVIDcontacttracing.
Modbury cluster cases
- Total new cases today - 0
- Total cases - 21
Total case breakdown
- Total new cases today - 1
- Total number currently in hospital - 3
- Total cases to date - 863
- Recovered cases - 831
- Deaths - 4
- Tests carried out yesterday - 10,927
- Total tests to date - 1,939,738
- Active cases - 28
- Overseas acquired - 7
- Close contact - 20
- Locally acquired (contact unknown) - 0
- Interstate acquired - 1
- Under investigation - 0
- Total vaccinations administered to date - 881,935*
* Figure includes both Commonwealth and SA Health administered vaccines.