COVID-19 update 19 June 2021
19 June 2021
There has been one new case of COVID-19 today, all reported from a medi-hotel. There have been a total of 785 cases notified in South Australia.
Today’s case is a man in his 70s, who acquired his infection overseas and have been in medi-hotels since his arrival. The case is considered an old infection however has been added to our case numbers as it was not diagnosed or counted overseas.
A man in his 40s remains in the Royal Adelaide Hospital in a stable condition.
A number of exposure sites have been identified in NSW, Victoria and Queensland. To check if you have visited any of the locations of concern, visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVIDcontacttracing.
- Total new cases today - 1
- Total number currently in hospital - 1
- Total cases to date - 785
- Recovered cases - 775
- Deaths - 4
- Tests carried out yesterday - 4,527
- Total tests to date - 1,483,844
- Active cases - 6
- Overseas acquired - 6
- Close contact - 0
- Locally acquired (contact unknown) - 0
- Interstate acquired - 0
- Total vaccinations administered to date - To be confirmed (awaiting Commonwealth update).
* Figure includes both Commonwealth and SA Health administered vaccines.