COVID-19 Update 16 July
There has been one new case of COVID-19 today. There have now been a total of 444 cases reported in SA. There are no active cases in SA and 440 people have been cleared of COVID-19.
Further testing on a potential case from yesterday has returned a very low positive result and this positive test has been added to our case numbers.
The woman, in her 40s, is not contagious and the case is considered to be an old infection. She had previously travelled overseas and undertook mandatory 14 days quarantine in Victoria, where she had returned two negative tests.
There have been four reported deaths in SA from COVID-19. More than 181,400 tests have been undertaken in SA.
There is a significantly higher risk of COVID-19 in SA due to the current outbreak in Victoria. If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, no matter how mild, you need to get tested as soon as possible.
People experiencing any of the following symptoms should be tested for COVID-19:
- Fever or chills (in the absence of an alternative illness that explains these symptoms)
- An acute respiratory infection e.g. symptoms of cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or alteration in the sense of taste
SA Health has been notified by NSW Health of a significant outbreak of COVID-19 cases linked to the Crossroads Hotel, Liverpool in Sydney. This hotel is on the Hume Highway and is a popular stop for interstate truck drivers. Anyone who visited the hotel between 3-10 July must:
- Immediately self-isolate until 14 days after they were last there
- Attend a clinic for testing even if they have no symptoms
- Watch for symptoms and get retested should any respiratory symptoms occur, no matter how mild
- Even if they get a negative test, stay in isolation for 14 days.
Call the SA COVID-19 Information Line on 1800 253 787, or go to www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVID2019, for more information. Keep up the good work SA and let’s not undo all the good.