COVID-19 update 15 October 2021
15 October 2021
There are no new cases of COVID-19 today. There has been a total of 914 cases notified in South Australia.
An additional exposure location has been identified in South Australia linked to a positive case in a truck driver from Victoria, reported yesterday.
If you were at the below location at the specified date and time, you must immediately get a COVID-19 test, quarantine until you receive a negative result, and get tested again on day 5 and day 13 after the last day you were at the location. There is no requirement to quarantine after the day 5 and 13 test, unless you have symptoms.
TIER 3 Exposure sites
Tailem Bend – OTR Motorsport Park (including Hungry Jacks), 543 Dukes Hwy
- Wednesday 13 October – 8.00pm to 8.40pm
If you were at the above location, but not at the specified date and time, monitor yourself for symptoms and get tested as soon as symptoms appear.
For more information and a list of testing sites visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVIDcontacttracing.
Total case breakdown
- Total new cases today - 0
- Total number currently in hospital - 0
- Total cases to date - 914
- Recovered cases - 903
- Deaths - 4
- Tests carried out yesterday - 6,112
- Total tests to date - 2,334,226
- Active cases - 7
- Overseas acquired - 1
- Close contact - 1
- Locally acquired (contact unknown) - 0
- Interstate acquired - 5
- Under investigation - 0
- Total vaccinations administered - 1,943,749
- First dose vaccinated (16+) - 75.1%
- Second dose vaccinated (16+) - 57.5%
All South Australians who have symptoms of COVID-19 should get tested on the day symptoms appear. Symptoms include:
- Fever or chills (in the absence of an alternative illness that explains these symptoms)
- An acute respiratory infection e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or alteration in the sense of taste
- Diarrhoea and vomiting.