COVID-19 update 14 September 2021
14 September 2021
There is one new overseas acquired case of COVID-19 today, reported from a medi-hotel. There have been a total of 896 cases notified in South Australia.
Today’s case is a man in his 30s who acquired his infection overseas and has been in a medi-hotel since his arrival. His case is considered an old infection and has been added to our case numbers as he has not been counted overseas.
A child and mother with COVID-19 have been transferred to an Adelaide hospital from Broken Hill so the child could receive treatment for a non-COVID related illness. Both cases are counted in New South Wales’ statistics and are not classified as active South Australian cases.
For more information and a list of testing sites visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVIDcontacttracing.
Total case breakdown
- Total new cases today - 1
- Total number currently in hospital - 0
- Total cases to date - 896
- Recovered cases - 882
- Deaths - 4
- Tests carried out yesterday - 5,789
- Total tests to date - 2,172,107
- Active cases - 10
- Overseas acquired - 9
- Close contact - 0
- Locally acquired (contact unknown) - 0
- Interstate acquired - 1
- Under investigation - 0
- Total vaccinations administered to date - 1,456,408*
* Figure includes both Commonwealth and SA Health administered vaccines.