COVID-19 update 1 August 2021
01 August 2021
There are three new overseas acquired cases of COVID-19 identified in a medi-hotel. There have been a total of 862 cases notified in South Australia.
The three new cases are a man and woman in their 30s and a child, all who have been in a medi-hotel since their arrival from overseas to South Australia.
A man in his 80s, a woman in her 80s, a woman in her 50s and a woman in her 40s remain in the Royal Adelaide Hospital in a stable condition.
While some restrictions have eased, people who have visited an exposure site or have been directed by SA Health to quarantine will need to stay in quarantine for the required period.
All exposure locations and associated advice on quarantine and testing requirements relating to the Modbury cluster can be found at Contact tracing.
Modbury cluster cases
- Total new cases today - 0
- Total cases - 21
Total case breakdown
- Total new cases today - 3
- Total number currently in hospital - 4
- Total cases to date - 862
- Recovered cases - 830
- Deaths - 4
- Tests carried out yesterday - 13,100
- Total tests to date - 1,928,811
- Active cases - 28
- Overseas acquired - 7
- Close contact - 20
- Locally acquired (contact unknown) - 0
- Interstate acquired - 1
- Under investigation - 0
- Total vaccinations administered to date - 877,541*
* Figure includes both Commonwealth and SA Health administered vaccines.