Covid-19 Update 20 March 2020
Friday, 20 March 2020
Eight people in South Australia have today tested positive for COVID-19. There have now been a total of 50 confirmed cases in South Australia.
Today’s confirmed cases are:
- Male, teens, close contact of confirmed case
- Male, 20s, travel to Italy, France and UK
- Female, 50s, travel to USA
- Male, 60s, under investigation
- Female, 40s, close contact of confirmed case
- Female, 60s, under investigation
- Female, 30s, under investigation
- Female, 50s, under investigation
Only travel details relevant to when individual cases were infectious will be released, once they are available.
SA Pathology has undertaken more than 13,000 tests for COVID-19. As of yesterday, 3,717 people have been tested at dedicated metropolitan COVID-19 clinics.
COVID-19 testing clinics have opened today at Gawler Health Service in Gawler East and at Kangaroo Island Health Service in Kingscote so people in both areas have access to timely testing and treatment.
For more information, contact the Coronavirus Health Information line on 1800 020 080 or go to sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVID2019.