Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research, 2018
The Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research, 2018 (2018 Code) and the Guide to Managing and Investigating Potential Breaches of the Code, 2018 (Investigation Guide) were released in June and have been explicitly adopted by SALHN.
The 2018 Code provides practical guidance that can be applied to a range of different research contexts at SALHN. The principles-based document sets out eight principles of responsible research and 29 specific responsibilities for institutions and researchers.
The Investigation Guide provides a framework to manage, investigate and resolve complaints about potential breaches of the Code.
SALHN investigation roles and responsibilities are:
- Responsible Executive Officer (REO) – SALHN CEO or Delegate
- Designated Officer (DO) – Acting Director, Research Operations, Office for Research
- Assessment Officer (AO) – Research Governance Officer, Office for Research
- Research Integrity Advisor (RIA) – Ethics Officers, Office for Research
- Research Integrity Office (RIO) – Office for Research
- Review Officer – an appropriate nominee of the SALHN Executive