Governing Board Operations Policy Domain
Find Governing Board Operations
Please note there are currently no policies or guidelines in this domain.
All SA Health policies that are overdue for review remain in force and continue to be applicable.
All policies/guidelines that remain published on the Policy Distribution System continue to be valid irrespective of the review date, except where explicitly stated otherwise in the policy.
The Governing Board Operations Domain encompasses the requirements for the operation of Local Health Network (LHN) Governing Boards established under the Health Care Act 2008.
The purpose of this Domain is to:
- Ensure a consistent system-wide approach to the operation of LHN Governing Boards across SA Health, in line with requirements for Governing Boards under the Health Care Act 2008 and the Charter for LHN Governing Boards.
- Ensure clarity and awareness amongst Board Members and SA Health staff of the requirements, standards and expectations for the performance of LHN Governing Boards, and responsibilities and functions for Boards under the Health Care Act 2008.
- Ensure effective mechanisms, processes, policies and practices are in place to support the operation of LHN Governing Boards.
- Ensure the necessary systems and processes are in place to support compliance with Health Care Act 2008 requirements for LHN Governing Boards and other relevant legislation.
We apply a consistent system-wide approach to the operation of LHN Governing Boards across SA Health.
- We give confidence to the community that our health services are governed effectively and efficiently and in line with relevant legislative requirements.
- We have LHN Governing Boards that are participatory, inclusive, accountable, responsible and transparent in their operations.
Group Director, Risk, Assurance & Integrity Services