Clinical Governance, Safety and Quality
Find Clinical Governance, Safety and Quality policies and guidelines
The Clinical Governance, Safety and Quality Domain encompasses the areas of clinical governance, patient safety and service quality.
The purpose of this Domain is to:
- Ensure a system-wide approach to clinical service delivery, safety and quality across SA Health.
Ensure staff awareness of the requirements and standards that apply across SA Health for clinical service delivery, safety and quality matters.
- Ensure clinical services are appropriately governed, and there is clarity about the roles and responsibilities of all staff in the delivery of our services.
- Ensure SA Health staff are equipped and supported to deliver and improve safety and quality of health care for patients.
- Support SA Health in maintaining and improving the reliability and quality of the patient care it delivers with associated impacts on patient outcomes.
- Ensure our approach to service delivery is compliant with national standards, national and state legislation and policy.
- Provide information, frameworks, tools and resources to assist SA Health staff with understanding and ensuring compliance with clinical processes and procedures.
- We apply a consistent system-wide approach to clinical governance, safety and quality across SA Health to establish best practice and ensure the community receives safe and high quality clinical services.
- We deliver a health system that is consumer centred, driven by information andorganised for safety.
- We give confidence to the community that we have systems in place to deliver safe and high-quality health care, and continuously improve our services.
- We are committed to maintaining and continuously improving the reliability and quality of patient care we deliver.
- We comply with national standards, national and state legislation and policy in the delivery of our clinical services.
Executive Director, Provider Commissioning and Performance