Responsibilities of the Governing Boards
From 1 July 2019, each Governing Board will be accountable to the Minister for Health and Wellbeing for the delivery of health services within its areas and will have responsibility for:
- safe, high-quality and accessible services;
- being reflective of local values, needs and priorities; and
- being sustainable within the resources available.
Each Governing Board will:
- appoint its LHN’s Chief Executive Officer (as vacancies occur) after consultation with the SA Health Chief Executive;
- have responsibility for delivering safety and quality in their LHN;
- oversee the efficient, effective and economic operation of its LHN’s health services and budget to achieve the LHN’s performance targets; and
- establish strong relationships with local communities and frontline health professionals, particularly through the development of clinical and community engagement strategies.