About the SA Health governance reforms
The State Government has established 10 Local Health Networks (LHNs), each with its own Governing Board, which commenced operation on 1 July 2019.
From this date, six new regional LHNs have replaced Country Health SA LHN.
In addition, the Department for Health and Wellbeing (the Department) is taking on a revised role, complementing and supporting the LHNs through high-level system direction and performance management, as well as its government departmental roles to support the Minister and Chief Executive in exercising their responsibilities.
Two other key Government initiatives are also being progressed, to establish Wellbeing SA and a Commission on Excellence and Innovation in Health.
- Health System Roles and Responsibilities (PDF 316KB)
- Role of the Department for Health and Wellbeing (PDF 315KB)
- Role of LHN Governing Boards (PDF 314KB)
- Changes to the Health Care Act 2008 (PDF 235KB)
- Wellbeing SA (PDF 193KB)
- Commission on Excellence and Innovation in Health (PDF 194KB)
Please email comments, questions and suggestions to HealthGovernanceReform@sa.gov.au