The SA Premier’s Nursing & Midwifery Scholarships
The SA Premier’s Nursing and Midwifery Scholarships are open to all nurses and midwives working across all South Australian healthcare sectors. This includes the public, private, and aged care sectors.
The scholarships will support nurses and midwives to embark on an overseas observational study tour to explore best practice and translating evidence into sustainable outcomes.
2019/2020 Scholarships Program
Applications open Monday 13 October and close at 5.00 pm on Friday 7 December 2018.
The Scholarships must be taken between 1 July 2019 and 30 June 2020, with the expectation that the recipients return to work in South Australia, and use their experiences to facilitate innovation, bring quality improvement initiatives, and implement positive changes to practice.
The scholarships are awarded as follows:
- Six overseas study tour Scholarships up to the value of $10,000 each.
Forms and supporting documentation
Guidelines, FAQs and supporting documents to complete your application are provided below.
- FAQ – Applying for a SA Premier’s Nursing and Midwifery Scholarship Study Tour (PDF 402KB)
- FAQ – Undertaking a SA Premier’s Nursing and Midwifery Scholarship Study Tour (PDF 408KB)
- Form 1 – Study Tour Proposal Template (PDF 326KB)
- Form 2 – Biographic Information and Declaration (PDF 46KB)
- Form 3 – Health Unit/Service Endorsement (PDF 45KB)
- Form 5 – Overseas Travel Diary Template (PDF 150KB)
- Overseas Travel Diary exemplar (PDF 197KB)
- Form 10 – Application Checklist (PDF 41KB)
All applications will be submitted online through the SA Health Careers website.
Study Tour reports for 2017-2018
- Observing best practice of Child and Adolescent Mental Health Nurse Practitioner led care in Youth Justice Canada (PDF 3MB) by Jorja Terrell
- Pressure Injury Risk Assessment and Prevention Strategies in Operating Room Patients – What can be adapted from the United States of America? (PDF 3MB) by Lauren Goudas and Steven Bruni
- Visit UK Specialist Units in Sarocoma/Bone Tumour (PDF 674KB) by Vicki Moss
- Health care for sexual assault and family domestic violence victims. Fostering engagement and outcomes with a forensic response (PDF 3MB) by Tracey Markham
Read all about David's scholarship adventure in Alberta, Canada, where he studied Solution-Focused Brief Therapy: David Haines - SA Premier's Scholarship story (PDF 209KB).
For any enquiries please email Nursing and Midwifery Scholarships at Health.NursingandMidwiferyOfficeScholarships@sa.gov.au.