Non-government mental health partnerships
The non-government organisation (NGO) community mental health sector is a major provider of services that assist people with a mental illness to live a fulfilling community life. There are several program areas including:
- information, mutual support, self help and advocacy
- vocational and educational
- individual and group psychosocial rehabilitation and support
- housing and support options
- respite, family and carer services.
Partnerships with the NGO sector expand the capacity within the public mental health system to provide more services to people in need of assistance. Services include:
- Individual Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Support Services (IPRSS) – a partnership program providing one-on-one rehabilitation and support services in a person’s home and local community.
- Psychosocial rehabilitation day and group programs – a variety of programs aimed at increasing self management, interpersonal, recreational and daily living skills.
- Mutual support and self help programs – consumer driven programs for sharing experience and to encourage people to work with others to attain improved mental health.
- Employment and pre-vocational support services – a partnership program to assist consumers with training and entering paid employment.
- Carer support and respite services – a variety of services such as support groups, education, counselling and advocacy aimed at assisting carers of a person with mental illness.
For more information on the range of NGO services, please contact:
SA Health has formal partnerships with the following NGOs:
- Anglicare SA
- Baptist Care (SA) Inc.
- Beyond Blue: National Depression Initiative
- Carers SA
- Carers Link Barossa and Districts
- Catherine House
- Centacare Catholic Family Services
- Clubhouse SA
- General Practice SA – GP Shared Care
- Grow SA
- Mind Australia
- Helping Hand Aged Care
- Life Without Barriers
- Mental Health Coalition of SA Inc.
- Mental Health Council of Australia
- Skylight Mental Health
- Neami National
- Relationships Australia SA
- Survivors of Torture and Trauma Assistance Rehabilitation Services
- Uniting Care Wesley Adelaide
- Uniting Care Wesley Bowden
- Uniting Care Wesley Port Adelaide