Mental Health Strategy Unit
The Mental Health Strategy Unit has responsibility for the coordination and integration of mental health services across the state.It’s functions include:
- Specific strategies associated with the Ministerial emergency department targets.
- Integration of mental health strategies with Transforming Health initiatives.
- Population based resource allocation modelling.
- Providing input into mental health service commissioning.
- Mental health bed and community service planning.
- Development, oversight and reporting at a national level , State mental health key performance indicators
- Mental health service evaluation and cost-benefit analysis.
- Developing partnerships with universities to enable health service research.
- Monitoring the performance and funding acquittal processes for Commonwealth National Partnership Agreements and other COAG matters.
Developing and supporting Local Health Networks in implementing operational and strategic policies.