Outpatient Redesign GP Sub Committee
Role and function of the SA Health Outpatient Redesign GP Sub Committee
The purpose of the SA Health OP Redesign GP Sub Committee is to:
- Provide strategic advice in relation to improving access to services agnostic of the location.
- Provide advice and guidance in relation to opportunities to improve patient access to specialist services by reducing waiting times for both new and review appointments.
- Explore the opportunities for the use of innovative technologies to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of OP service delivery.
- Examine the governance and accountability structures that related to OP.
- Develop linkages and relationships between the primary and secondary health sectors, specifically General Practice noting the need for improved referral pathways and the Health pathways project as well.
- Explore opportunities for services to be provided in locations closer to patients home.
SA Health Outpatient Redesign GP Sub Committee membership
Membership of SA Health OP Redesign GP Sub Committee will adapt and change as required to ensure it has the right skills and expertise to undertake its role. Members are expected to discharge their responsibilities with due care and diligence. Executive support will be provided by Health Services Programs and Funding Branch, Department for Health and Wellbeing (DHW).
The Chair of the SA Health OP Redesign GP Sub Committee is Dr Emily Kirkpatrick, Department for Health and Wellbeing Deputy Chief Public Health Officer / Deputy Chief Medical Officer . In the event that the Chair is unable to attend a scheduled meeting, the Chair shall nominate a Member to act as Chair.
- Emily Kirkpatrick — Deputy Chief Public Health Officer / Deputy Chief Medical Officer, DHW
- Jackie Yeoh — Central Adelaide Local Health Network GP Liaison
- Mai Duong — Sourthern Adelaide Local Health Network GP Liaison
- Chad Collins — Northern Adelaide Local Health Network GP Liaison
- Toni Maldari — Refugee Health GP representative
- David Lam — Rural GP representative
- Eleanor Wilson — Women's and Children's Health Network (WCHN) GP Liaison
- Tamara Cypreos — WCHN Outpatient Reform Practice Manager
- David Ketteridge — WCHN Consultant Paediatrician
- Silvia O’Connor — WCHN Ear, Nose and Throat Nurse Practitioner
- Matthew Bourke — Aboriginal Health GP representative
- Melanie Smith — GP Liaison - COVID-19 Project and Operations
- Emily Pumpa — Director of Nursing, Health Services Programs, DHW
- To be advised — Limestone Coast Local Health Network GP Representative
- Pamela Hewavasam — Acting Program Manager, OP Redesign, Health Services Programs, DHW