Yorke Peninsula Health Advisory Council Inc.
The Yorke Peninsula Health Advisory Council (HAC) came into being on 1st July 2008, after the State Government’s Health Care Act 2008 removed the governance of local hospitals from local boards and established Health Advisory Councils to represent local communities.
The ownership of the property of the hospitals and aged care facilities is vested in the Health Advisory Council. It also manages funds donated or raised by the community, for use at the facilities.
The Health Advisory Council seeks to represent community needs to Country Health SA or the Minister for Health, and where necessary advocate for improvements.
The Yorke Peninsula Health Advisory Council can include:
- Up to 8 community members
- Nominee of local government
- A local member of Parliament or his or her nominee
- A medical practitioner member
- A worker from Country Health SA
- 2017-2018 Annual Report (PDF 1.2MB)
- 2016-2017 Annual Report (PDF 1.3MB)
- 2015-2016 Annual Report (SA Parliament)
- 2014-2015 Annual Report (SA Parliament)
- 2013-2014 Annual Report (SA Parliament)
- 2012-2013 Annual Report (SA Parliament)
- 2011-2012 Annual Report (SA Parliament)
- 2010-2011 Annual Report (SA Parliament)
- 2009-2010 Annual Report (SA Parliament)
- 2008-2009 Annual Report (SA Parliament)
Yorke Peninsula Health Advisory Council
C/- Minlaton Health Centre
9 South Terrace
MINLATON SA 5575
|Presiding member||Dorothy Marschall
|Local member of Parliament||Helen Colliver|
|Local government nominee||Vacant|
|Medical practitioner representative||N/A
|Community representatives|| D'Arcy Button
The Yorketown Health Advisory Council currently meet on a monthly basis rotating between Maitland, Minlaton and Yorketown on the first Wednesday of the month at 2:00pm.