Port Broughton District Hospital and Health Services Health Advisory Council Inc.
A major role of the Port Broughton District Hospital and Health Services Health Advisory Council (HAC) is to relay ideas and views from the Community to the local Health Service. These ideas are used in planning for new and improved services.
We are the health FACE for our community.
Our role is to:
- Facilitate discussion in our community about health issues, priorities and needs.
- Advise and advocate on behalf of the community.
- Communicate and consult with the community and with Country Health SA on behalf of the community.
- Engage with the community and evaluate progress.
The Port Broughton District Hospital and Health Services Health Advisory Council also holds an account, for receipt of donations and bequests made to the Health Service.
The Port Broughton District Hospital and Health Services Health Advisory Council can include:
- Up to 8 community members
- Nominee of local government
- A local member of Parliament or his or her nominee
- A medical practitioner member
- A worker from Country Health SA
- 2018-2019 Annual Report (PDF 360KB)
- 2017-2018 Annual Report (PDF 936KB)
- 2016-2017 Annual Report (PDF 1.1MB)
Previous annual reports available from the SA Parliament website
Dr Alison Edwards
Port Broughton District Hospital and Health Service Health Advisory Council Inc.
C/- Port Broughton District Hospital
Port Broughton SA 5522
|Presiding member||Dr Alison Edwards
|Local member of Parliament||vacant|
|Local government nominee||Margaret McDonald|
|Medical practitioner representative||Dr Alison Edwards|
|Staff representative||Robyn Bowley|
|Community representatives||William Kerry
The Port Broughton and District Health Services Health Advisory Council Inc. meets on the 1st Wednesday of alternate months at 5:30pm at the Port Broughton District Hospital and Health Service.