Hills Area Health Advisory Council Inc.
A major role of the Hills Area Health Advisory Council (HAC) is to relay ideas and views from the Community to the local Health Service. These ideas are used in planning for new and improved services.
The Mission of the Hills Area Health Advisory Council is:
"Local people who advocate on behalf of their communities
to promote good health and wellbeing."
The Adelaide Hills Health Advisory Council can include:
- Up to 8 community members
- Nominee of local government
- A local member of Parliament or his or her nominee
- A medical practitioner member
- A worker from Country Health SA
|Presiding member||Kathryn Hourigan|
|Local member of parliament||Raelene Magor|
|Local government member||Carol Bailey|
|Medical practitioner member||Vacant|
|Staff member||Briarne Boyd|
|Community representative||Genevieve Hebart|
|Community representative||Gwenda Knights|
|Community representative||Ian Smith|
|Community representative||Jeffrey (Jeff) Fuller|
|Community representative||Karen Maidment-Longbottom|
|Community representative||Trevor McClean|
|Community representative||Andrew Stratford|
Meeting & contact information
Council Meetings are held bi-monthly on the 4th Monday.
The venue rotates between Mount Barker, Strathalbyn, Gumeracha and Mount Pleasant hospitals.
Contact with any of the Health Advisory Council members can be made via the local health units:
- Mt Barker — (08) 8393 1777
- Adelaide Hills Community Health — (08) 8393 1833
- Strathalbyn — (08) 8536 5333
- Gumeracha — (08) 8209 9200
- Mt Pleasant — (08) 8568 0000