Health and Wellbeing Strategy 2019 - 2024
The Department for Health and Wellbeing routinely undertakes system planning to guide the strategic direction of the South Australian health system. The Health and Wellbeing Strategy 2019 - 2024 is a statewide, system-level strategy developed by SA Health to meet future health challenges.
The Health and Wellbeing Strategy will specifically focus on South Australia’s health priorities for the next five years, but also look to adopt a
System Wide Health and Wellbeing Strategy Workshop
A workshop was held on 6 November 2018, at Flinders University, Victoria Square, Adelaide to seek a diverse range of participants views about themes, issues and challenges identified based on research evidence and interviews to explore priorities and future strategies to optimise health outcomes for the South Australian community.
A diverse group of 136 participants including clinicians, consumers, senior SA Health managers and executive, representatives from the research and education sector, NGO service providers, as well as government partner agencies from police, energy & mining, environment & water, education and the Auditor General’s department attended the workshop.
The Workshop continued our statewide collaboration and included the following presentations: (please note that video links to the presentations will be available shortly)
- Future SA population health needs and issues - Shelley Horne, Executive Director System Redesign and Clinical Engagement, explored the opportunities and challenges faced by our health system.
View a powerpoint version of Shelley's presentation (PDF 957KB).
Two key themes:
- Better use of Technology - featuring presentations by:
- Tim Kelsey, CEO, Australian Digital Health Agency
- Dr Hendrika Meyer, Executive Director Medical Services, CHSALHN Digital Health Programs, Country Health South Australia.
- New directions in the Culture of Care - explored the relationship between the consumer and health care provider and featured presentations by:
- Through the eyes of
consumer: Merle Scarce and her occupational therapist Mark Thompson (PDF 120KB)
- Through the eyes of a Surgeon: Atul Gawande.
- Through the eyes of
Feedback captured, as part of the interactive group table sessions:
Workshop attendees can provide updates and further related feedback via email.
Additional opportunities to seek a variety of views will be provided. The details will be announced and communicated to staff in the coming weeks.
As part of the ongoing development of the Health and Wellbeing Strategy 2019 – 2024, LHN workshops will be held to focus on challenges and opportunities for local populations - staff from State Wide Clinical Support Services will be given the opportunity to attend LHN workshops of their choice. More information can be found below.
For more information about the Health and Wellbeing Strategy 2019 - 2024 contact:
Manager, Project Delivery Support Office
Telephone: (08) 8226 1232.
You can also check this page regularly for updates.