Visit Modbury Hospital
Visitors play an important part in any patient’s hospital stay and are welcome at the hospital.
Visiting hours are between 11.00 am and 8.00 pm daily in most wards, with a designated patient rest period between 1.00 pm and 3.00 pm.
- Visiting is at the discretion of nursing staff, from whom permission should first be obtained. If visiting hours are unsuitable, please discuss this with nursing staff, as we may be able to make special arrangements.
- Food, sweets and drinks for patients must be checked with the nursing staff, as many patients are on special diets.
- To avoid inconvenience to other patients, it is required that visitors should be restricted to two per patient at any one time, if possible.
- Visitors are requested to show consideration for the patients they are visiting and for other patients in the hospital, by behaving in a quiet manner, and by observing any restrictions on visitation made for their benefit.
- Visiting children are the responsibility of their parent or adult carer and must be supervised at all times while in the hospital, and noise kept to a minimum.
- Furniture is placed to ensure rapid access to rooms in emergencies. This also means that seating for visitors is restricted.