Visit the Hampstead Rehabilitation Centre
Visiting hours are 8.00 am to 8.00 pm, as rehabilitation therapy occurs throughout the day. Please speak to the nursing staff about the best time for you to visit.
If you are to visit outside these times, please negotiate with the nurse in charge.
It is important that visitors leave by 8.30 pm to ensure patients / clients have adequate rest, unless this has been arranged with the staff. Please observe any request by staff, regarding leaving the ward at any time.
We are working to slow the spread of COVID-19 and to keep our patients an staff safe.
This means we have made the following changes to our visiting arrangements.
We ask that you do not enter the hospital if you are unwell or if you have returned from overseas or interstate in the past 14 days.
- Hospital inpatients can have one visitor onsite at a time, with a maximum of two visitors per day, during designated visiting hours where they are in place.
- We kindly ask that you avoid bringing any children under 16 to the hospital unless otherwise arranged.
- Outpatients and Emergency patients can have one adult per person, but no more than two (if physical distancing can be maintained), accompany the patient per visit.
Visitation within 14-day quarantine period
Under special circumstances approval or exemption to visit within the 14-day quarantine period may be provided. For further information, please visit https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/restrictions-and-responsibilities/travel-restrictions
In the event visits are permitted within the 14-day quarantine period, the following precautions should be implemented:
- Contact and droplet personal protective equipment applied prior to entering the facility/patient/resident environment
- Persons may visit only by prior arrangement and attend at a scheduled visit time at the hospital
- Length of visit and ability to re-attend visits will be at the discretion of the hospital
- Visitors should be escorted by a staff member upon entering and leaving the patient’s environment
- Visitors should not leave the room where the visit takes place during the planned visitation time
If you need immediate medical attention, please attend the Emergency Department or visit your local GP.Thank you for your understanding as we try and keep our community healthy.
If you are travelling to the Hampstead Rehabilitation Centre by bus see the Adelaide Metro website for bus timetables and routes.
If you are travelling by car, parking is available onsite and rates are payable by the hour, starting at $2.50. The full day rate (8 hours or more) is $13.00.
A free short-term drop off and pick-up area is available near the main building.
If you are a volunteer or have to attend the hospital for frequent clinical reasons you can apply for a fee exemption.
For more information on car parking fees and exemptions:
- see the Car parking fees at metropolitan hospitals page
- phone the site Car Parking Officer on (08) 8222 1643
The hospital is accessible for wheelchairs. Car parking spaces for people with disability permits are available in all patient and visitor car parks.