Visit the Hampstead Rehabilitation Centre
To help protect our patients, visitors and staff from COVID-19 we are temporarily restricting visitors. This will be effective from Tuesday 28 December.
Visitors will only be allowed on site for compassionate reasons and for when they are critical to care. This includes end-of-life visits, where we are providing young people with treatment and they require their parent, or in an emergency.
If you meet the above criteria, please discuss this with nursing staff prior to your arrival.
While difficult, it is absolutely essential that we keep COVID out of our facilities for the safety of our staff and vulnerable patients.
Thank you for your understanding and for helping us keep our patients and community safe.
If you are approved for a visit please adhere to the following;
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms (like fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, loss of smell or taste) please do not enter until you are better and get tested immediately.
- Do not enter if you have visited a high-risk location or exposure site. View the latest list from SA Health.
- Please use the mySAGOV QR check-in and put on a facemask.
- Please use the alcohol-based hand rub provided to clean your hands when you enter and leave.
- Extra requirements are in place for unvaccinated visitors.
- If you are unvaccinated, please speak to our staff before you enter.
- If you need immediate medical attention, please attend the Emergency Department or visit your local GP
Thank you for your understanding as we try and keep our community healthy.
Visiting hours for approved visitors
Visiting hours are 8.00 am to 8.00 pm, as rehabilitation therapy occurs throughout the day. Please speak to the nursing staff about the best time for you to visit if you are approved on compassionate reasons.
If you are to visit outside these times, please negotiate with the nurse in charge.
It is important that visitors leave by 8.30 pm to ensure patients / clients have adequate rest, unless this has been arranged with the staff. Please observe any request by staff, regarding leaving the ward at any time.
If you are travelling to the Hampstead Rehabilitation Centre by bus see the Adelaide Metro website for bus timetables and routes.
If you are travelling by car, parking is available onsite and rates are payable by the hour. A free short-term drop off and pick-up area is available near the main building.
If you are a volunteer or have to attend the hospital for frequent clinical reasons you can apply for a fee exemption.
For more information on car parking fees and exemptions:
- see the Car parking fees at metropolitan hospitals page
- phone the site Car Parking Officer on (08) 8222 1643
The hospital is accessible for wheelchairs. Car parking spaces for people with disability permits are available in all patient and visitor car parks.
People who visit a number of SA Health sites will now have access to free Wi-Fi. For more information, go to the Public Wi-Fi page.