South Australian Public Health Council
South Australian Public Health Council (SAPHC) is a statutory body established under section 26 of the South Australian Public Health Act 2011. It has a variety of functions related to:
- the protection and promotion of public health
- the development of public health plans
- the promotion of public health research
- strategies to ensure a sufficiently trained and skilled workforce are in place.
|Presiding Member||Associate Professor Nicola Spurrier
|Members with experience in local government nominated by the Local Government Association of South Australia||Mr Gary Mavrinac
|Member with qualifications in public health and experience in the administration of public health nominated by Environmental Health Australia (South Australia) Incorporated|
|Members with qualifications and experience in public health||A/Professor Helen Marshall
|Member with experience in the administration of environment protection laws|
|Member with experience in the field of health promotion||Ms Imelda Lynch|
|Member with experience in the prevention and control of communicable diseases||Dr Adriana Milazzo|
|Member with experience in non-government community sector activities relevant to public health|
Pursuant to Section 35 of the South Australian Public Health Act 2011, the South Australian Public Health Council must, on or before 31 October in each year, provide to the Minister a report on its activities for the financial year ending on the preceding 30 June.The South Australian Public Health Council Annual Report summarises the key issues, activities and initiatives of the South Australian Public Health Council for the reporting period.
- 2018-19 Annual report (PDF 1.32MB)
- 2014-15 Annual Report (PDF 3MB)
- 2013-14 Annual Report (PDF 2MB)
- 2012-13 Annual Report (PDF 2MB)
- 2011-12 Annual Report (PDF 3 MB)
For more information on the Council please refer to the South Australian Public Health Council fact sheet (PDF 175KB) or contact us:
Telephone: (08) 8226 6072
South Australian Public Health Council (SAPHC) produce advisory circulars regarding public and environmental health programs, administration and practice. Circulars typically provide guidance to bodies responsible for the administration of the South Australian Public Health Act, particularly local Councils.
- July 2011: Responses to Legionella detection in Warm Water and Cooling Water Systems (PDF 38KB)
- August 2010: Display spa pools and the enforcement of the Public and Environmental Health (General) Regulations 2006 (PDF 41KB)
- December 2009: Legionella Regulations: Roles and Responsibilities of Local Authorities (PDF 38KB)
- July 2009: Health inspection frequency – Public swimming and spa pools (PDF 44KB)
- April 2009: SA Water advice on drains located under buildings - April 2009 (PDF 17KB)
After each South Australian Public Health Council meeting a summary is provided covering issues discussed, decisions, actions and recommendations made as well as follow-ups to inform the Minister, Local Government and other interested parties of the South Australian Public Health Council's activities.
- 25 November 2019 (PDF 369KB)
- 25 September 2019 (PDF 88KB)
- 29 May 2019 (PDF 134KB)
- 19 March 2019 (PDF 83KB)
- 20 August 2018 (PDF 74KB)
- 5 March 2018 (PDF 77KB)
- 6 November 2017 (PDF 75KB)
- 22 May 2017 (PDF 75KB)
- 6 March 2017 (PDF 70KB)
- 14 November 2016 (PDF 373KB)
For copies of previous minutes, email HealthSAPublicHealthCouncil@sa.gov.au.