Get involved - Services and Organisations
South Australia’s Week of Ageing Well is held annually 1-7 October, in line with International Day of Older Persons (1 October) to celebrate ageing well in South Australia.
The week is a time to connect with each other, celebrate life, value the older people in our lives, and discover new ways we can all age well.
Benefits of getting involved
- Demonstrate organisational leadership towards age friendly service and increase understanding of customer needs
- Place value on your older workers and the significant experience and contribution they bring to the workforce
- Create positive shift in workplace culture and celebrate the diverse ways we age in South Australia
- Support customers and community to feel connected to your organisation and each other
- Identify ways you can continue to raise awareness of the valuable contributions of older South Australians
Things to consider when planning or promoting an event
- Share Week of Ageing Well information and recruit Ageing Well Champions to support you
- Create an event checklist and an agenda to keep activities on track
- Include staff of all ages in your planning to ensure your event meets the needs of diverse community members
- Use simple, clear language and promote using a variety of methods (visual, digital, verbal)
- Keep it fun and interesting by providing opportunities for sharing stories and intergenerational activities
- Choose a location that is age friendly (easy to access, close to amenities)
- Decide if you want people to register for the event (to plan catering, support staff)
- Consider how you will collect feedback from customers and members to make improvements for future events
Get Involved Checklist
- Subscribe to the mailing list and stay up to date with special offers, the latest news, and fun events
- Register for South Australia’s Week of Ageing Well Communications Toolkit to receive exclusive resources to promote the week within your service or organisation
- Add the email banner to your email signature block (only available via Comms Toolkit)
- Share the Week of Ageing Well video on your website, via email, social media or TV screen (only available via Comms Toolkit)
- Download Week of Ageing Well posters to promote the week, or order free hard copies by emailing email@example.com
- Connect with Office for Ageing Well and SA Seniors Card and post on social media using Week of Ageing Well images and messaging. Tag @SeniorsCardSA or use the hashtag #WeekofAgeingWell
- Like and share our social media posts
- Visit the Week of Ageing Well webpage and attend one of the featured events
- Link to the Week of Ageing Well webpage from your website and promote to stakeholders including customers and share information about events featured online
- Host an ageing well event or activity and connect with your staff, customers or service users
- Register your event with firstname.lastname@example.org so we can promote your event on our webpage
- If you are hosting an event or promoting the Week, keep us in the loop! We would love to see any communications you distribute through your networks. Email us: email@example.com.
- Promote South Australia’s Week of Ageing Well in both internal and external newsletters
- Add South Australia’s Week of Ageing Well to your meeting agenda and discuss with staff
- Demonstrate your commitment to Age Friendly Services by encouraging staff to visit Age Friendly Services SA and complete the self-reflection tool
- Improve knowledge of services and campaigns that support South Australians to age well including Seniors Card, Tackling Ageism, and Plan Ahead.
- Download the free printable Get Involved Checklist for Services and Organisations (PDF 158KB).
We would love to hear your reflections and how you contributed to South Australia’s Week of Ageing Well. Please click on the link below to complete the feedback survey.
- South Australia’s Week of Ageing Well Feedback Survey – Services and Organisations
South Australia’s Week of Ageing Well is supported by Office for Ageing Well and Seniors Card, SA Health.
To find out more or ask questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.