Refugee Health Service
The Refugee Health Service is a specialist health service for newly arrived refugees and asylum seekers in South Australia.
The service, previously known as the Migrant Health Service, has been providing primary health care services for refugee and asylum seeking clients for more than 20 years.
The Refugee Health Service focuses on new arrival families and individuals with complex health and psycho-social needs.
The service provides:
- Health assessments and coordination of care for clients with multiple health issues
- Coordination of care required for complex conditions and infectious diseases
- Intervention to address acute and chronic physical/ psycho social consequences of torture, trauma and gender based violence
- Health literacy education and support, helping clients navigate the health system and self-manage health issues
- Support to enable timely access to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- A daily nurse led ‘drop in clinic’ for clinical assessment and management.
The service is located at:
21 Market Street
Adelaide SA 5000
Telephone: (08) 8237 3900
Fax: (08) 8237 3949
Toll free: 1800 635 566