For employers and work colleagues
- How to be a compassionate employer: Supporting grieving employees following the death of a loved one - A guide by the Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement and The Compassionate Friends Victoria to help employers develop and implement compassionate policy and practice in the workplace.
- Bereavement in the workplace (PDF 372KB) - Advice from the Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement on how to help employers and colleagues support those affected by grief.
- Compassionate and Bereavement Leave: Fair Work Ombudsman - Australian Government information on employees’ leave entitlements when someone close dies.
- Death and bereavement: A guide for managers and human resource professionals (PDF 112KB) - A Cancer Council fact sheet containing practical information for managers for dealing effectively with the death of an employee or if an employee is bereaved.
- Our employee’s child has died: How can we help? - Practical advice for the workplace from Red Nose Australia