For aged care services
Many older people will use aged care services and older people approaching the end of life are more likely to be using aged care services. Loss, grief, and bereavement can be felt by the older person, be their family and friends and by aged care staff providing them with services and supports.
- Aged Care COVID-19 Grief and Bereavement Service - A national toll-free phone service linking people to specialist bereavement practitioners and appropriate support programs.
- Trauma and Aged Care: Support and Information Hub - Information and resources are available for aged care workers exposed to trauma as part of their work.
- Services during COVID-19 - First line of support for care homes regarding activity engagement support for people with dementia in the context of Covid19 through Dementia Engagement Modelling Program (DEMP).
- palliAGED Bereavement - Resources supporting aged care staff working with older people and families.
- When some dies in residential aged care: Grief and loss for families (PDF 5MB) - SA Health funded booklet explains loss and grief for families over the journey form entry into aged care through to the end of life.
- Grief and loss in residential aged care - Moving into residential aged care can be one of life’s most difficult adjustments.