For Specialist Palliative Care Clinicians
Better bereavement outcomes are a goal of palliative care. Standards and policies recommend support should be provided to caregivers/families of palliative care patients, at and beyond the time of death.
Specialist Palliative Care bereavement literature
- Caring for bereaved family members during the COVID-19 pandemic: Before and after the death of a patient.
- Bereavement support across cultures: A resource for health professionals (PDF 1.9MB)
Bereavement standards of care
- Bereavement support standards and bereavement care pathway for quality palliative care
- Clinical practice guidelines for the psychosocial and bereavement support of family caregivers of palliative care patients (PDF 632KB)
- Bereavement support standards for specialist palliative care services (PDF 324KB)
This Bereavement care guide by NSW Health provides recommendations for supporting the bereavement care of people impacted by COVID-19 related deaths, and other deaths during the pandemic.