Food, hospitality, travel, arts, tourism, events and accommodation
Visit the SA Government COVID-19 website for comprehensive information on the directions, restrictions and requirements that apply to business and industry operating in South Australia.
- Business and work information
- COVID-Safe Plans
- COVID Safe Check-In
- COVID Management Plans
- COVID Marshals
- Test, Trace, Isolate and Quarantines matrices
Certain restrictions remain on shared / communal food service and facilities. For more information, see the Public Activities Direction.
- Food and beverages (including alcohol) must be consumed by patrons while seated at tables that are physically separate from any bar or where orders are taken.
- Any shared equipment and frequently touched surfaces must be cleaned between use by different individuals or groups.
Restrictions are applicable to:
- Public venues (e.g. pubs, restaurants, cafes, wineries, breweries), including private events hosted at a venue.
- BBQs / sausage sizzles
- Food catering business
Resources for more information:
- Food safety (SA Health)
- Best practices for food businesses to prevent the spread of COVID-19 — poster (PDF 64KB)
- COVID-19 Pre-prepared packaged meals for home delivery or pick-up fact sheet (PDF 134KB)
- Food and Agribusiness - Department of Primary Industries and Regions
- Food Standards Australia New Zealand
Travel, transport and hotels
Accommodation service providers
Accommodation service providers who have guests in isolation or quarantine provide an important service for the community. The following links will help to ensure your staff, other guests and the South Australian public remain safe and well.
- SA Health COVID-19 Health information for employers webpage
- The Australian Government Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information about routine environmental cleaning and disinfection in the community document
- Safe Work Australia accommodation services hygiene advice webpage
Safe Work Australia accommodation services cleaning
Vehicles and other movable objects that are available for hire by members of the public for the purpose of tours or other recreational activities are a defined public activity under the Emergency Management (Public Activities) (COVID-19) Direction 2020. This means the person conducting the activity must:
- Complete a COVID Safe Plan.
- Keep contact tracing records.
The following SA Health fact sheet provides guidance for transport and tour vehicles of all types (excluding public transport) to operate safely and manage the health risks associated with COVID-19:
For information on COVID-19 waste management refer to the SA Health Infection control and personal protective equipment (PPE) advice webpage.