Multicultural communities COVID-19 advice
COVID-19 vaccine information
Getting vaccinated is the best way to protect yourself and your community from COVID-19. Information about COVID-19 vaccines has been translated into multiple languages for you to access and share.
Translated resources for communities
- SA Health COVID-19 vaccine brochure
- COVID-19 vaccine information in your language
- COVID-19 vaccines: common questions
- Preparing for COVID-19 vaccination
- Booster doses: common questions
- Winter COVID-19 vaccine booster doses
- Getting vaccinated after testing positive for COVID-19
- Updates to the COVID-19 vaccination program
- Updates to the COVID-19 vaccination program (other languages)
- Proof of vaccination
Translated resources for families
- COVID-19 vaccine fact sheet for children
- COVID-19 vaccines for children aged 5 to 11
- COVID-19 vaccines for children and teenagers: information for parents and guardians
- How to speak to kids about COVID-19 vaccines
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- The best time for pregnant women to get vaccinated is right now
- Common questions about pregnancy
- COVID-19 vaccines and fertility
- What is the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Reasons to have the COVID-19 vaccine
- Your COVID-19 vaccination appointment
- “Why did you get vaccinated?” video series
- Doctors answer commonly asked questions about COVID-19 vaccination
- Vaccinations for children aged 5 to 11
- Common questions about children and COVID-19 vaccines
- Parents share why they vaccinated their children against COVID-19
Finding up to date information about COVID-19 will help you and your family stay safe. There are many translated resources about COVID-19 that are available for multicultural communities.
General COVID-19 information
- COVID-19 questions and answers
- Identifying the symptoms of COVID-19
- Information for people who have COVID-19, or are close contacts
- What to do if you have COVID-19
- What to expect when you have COVID-19
- Oral treatments for COVID-19
- Audio information
- “Stop the Spread” series of translated videos
- Celebrate safely at community and religious events
- Getting tested for COVID-19
- Rapid Antigen Test fact sheet
- How to use a nasal Rapid Antigen Test
- Video: How to do a nasal rapid antigen test
- How to use a saliva Rapid Antigen Test
- What does my Rapid Antigen Test result mean?
Further translated COVID-19 resources
Further translated COVID-19 resources are available from the following organisations:
- Special Broadcasting Service (SBS) – COVID-19 news
- Multicultural Youth South Australia (MYSA) - YouTube video series
- Australian Refugees Association – YouTube video series
- Migration Council Australia - MyAus COVID-19 app
Mental health and wellbeing
Looking after your mental wellbeing is as important as looking after your physical health. It’s also important to know where to go for help. The Australian Department of Health has translated resources on:
- Caring for your mental wellbeing
- Help and support for your mental wellbeing
- Digital and telephone support for mental health during COVID-19
Beyond Blue have also developed information for managing your mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic in languages other than English.
ASK PEACE is a virtual mental health service for members of multicultural communities who have been impacted by COVID-19. It is a free service available in languages other than English.
To speak to an interpreter in your language:
- Leave a message if you call outside business hours, and you will receive a return phone call.
- Ask a trusted family member or friend to book a session with an interpreter for you.
If you require translating or interpreting services, call 131 450.
The Australian Migrant Resource Centre (AMRC) has compiled a list of telephone and emergency services contacts. Their multilingual telephone service is available from Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 4.30 pm.
Visit the Aboriginal communities page for Aboriginal COVID-19 services and translated resources in Pitjantjatjara and English.
Translated COVID-19 resources
Select language and topic from the menus below for translated COVID-19 information.