COVID-19 update 261
17 May 2021
Covid-19 vaccine update
More South Australians will have access to the COVID-19 vaccine from today with the opening of the Mount Gambier Vaccination Clinic and GP clinics beginning to offer vaccines to people aged 50 years and over.
Noarlunga COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic will open on Tuesday 25 May and now has bookings available for eligible groups. This includes:
- anyone over 50
- adults with an eligible underlying medical condition
- health care, residential aged care and allied health staff
- residential disability care residents and staff
- quarantine, medi-hotel, airport and maritime workers
- critical and high risk workers in defence, police, fire, emergency services and meat processing.
Elizabeth COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic will be opening on Monday 31 May and bookings will be open in the coming days.
For more information on the South Australia COVID-19 vaccine rollout visit www.covidvaccine.sa.gov.au.
COVID-19 case update
There was one case of COVID-19 reported over the weekend. The case was a teenager who is a returned traveller from overseas and has been in a medi-hotel since their arrival. Serology testing is still underway to determine if it is an old or new infection and the individual was travelling with a large family group and tested positive on their day nine test.
South Australia COVID-19 cases
- 0 new case today
- 2 people in hospital
- 14 active COVID-19 cases
- 742 confirmed cases in total
- 724 people have recovered from COVID-19
- 229,134 total vaccine doses administered*
- 2,403 tests yesterday
- 1,320,384 tests in total
- 4 COVID-19 related deaths
*COVID-19 vaccine doses administered by Commonwealth and SA Health.
SA.GOV.AU is a dedicated COVID-19 gateway, linking to relevant information on state and federal government websites.