Allied and Scientific Health
SA Health has over 4000 allied and scientific health professionals who provide a range of diagnostic, technical and therapeutic services to South Australians.
The Allied and Scientific Health Office (ASHO), informs, guides and advocates for SA Health's allied and scientific health workforce.
Allied and scientific health professions include:
- art or music therapy
- dental therapy
- exercise physiology
- genetic counselling
- nuclear medicine technology
- nutrition and dietetics
- occupational therapy
- orthotics and prosthetics
- radiation therapy
- social work
- speech pathology.
ASHO provides support as required for the scientific professions such as medical and grant funded scientists and the allied and scientific health assistant workforce.
Allied and Scientific Health Position Statement
The Allied and Scientific Health Position Statement (PDF 371KB) outlines four key domains through which the allied and scientific health professions contribute to the health of South Australians, and highlights the role of the ASHO in supporting and advocating for these professions.
This position statement can be utilised to support communication with a range of stakeholders, to promote an understanding of the role of allied and scientific health professions and the value contributed by this group of professions.
Allied and Scientific Health Office (ASHO)
Office for Professional Leadership, SA Health
Postal address: 11 Hindmarsh Square, Adelaide SA 5000
Telephone: (08) 8226 6406
In this section
- Allied health activity recording
- Allied Health Professionals plus Professional Development Reimbursement Program (AHP+PDRP)
- Career pathways for allied health professionals and assistants
- Professional development and training in allied health
- Registration, credentialing and professional associations in allied health
- Research and evidence informed practice in allied and scientific health
- Standards and guidelines for allied and scientific health