The Premier’s Nursing and Midwifery Scholarships are offered annually to enable nurses and midwives to explore best practice and translate evidence into sustainable outcomes within the South Australian health system.
The Premier's Nursing and Midwifery Scholarships provide nurses and midwives the opportunity to undertake an international observational study tour to the value of $10,000 (AUD).
To be eligible for a Scholarship, you must be employed and working permanently, either full-time or part-time as a nurse and/or midwife in South Australia in the public, private, community or aged care sector.
The 2025 Premier’s Nursing and Midwifery Scholarship Prospectus outlines the application process, relevant application forms and the parameters for successful Study Tour Scholarship applications.
All applications must be submitted online via the online application portal.
- a study tour proposal (Study Tour Proposal Template) describing the proposed observational study tour aims, objectives, outcomes and impact of innovative change that improves workplace environments, team culture and patient outcomes (2,000 words)
- indicative study tour costings (Form 1)
- indicative study tour itinerary summarising the intended travel, accommodation, proposed site/s to visit, activity each day etc (Form 2)
- endorsement of the proposed study tour by the applicant’s direct line manager/supervisor and relevant Executive (Form 3)
- applicant’s current CV (maximum 4 pages)
- Applications open 26 September 2023
- Applications close 22 December 2023
- Applicants to be advised of outcome mid-to-late April 2024
- 2025 Premier’s Nursing and Midwifery Scholarships Prospectus (PDF 667KB)
- Study Tour Proposal Template (DOCX 1.3MB)
- Form 1 – Travel Cost Estimation (DOCX 592KB)
- Form 2 – SA Health Travel Diary (DOCX 247KB)
- Form 3 – Organisation/Employer Endorsement (PDF 530KB)
- Premier’s Nursing and Midwifery Scholarship Checklist (PDF 504KB)
For any enquiries, contact the Nursing and Midwifery Office at Health.NursingandMidwiferyOfficeScholarships@sa.gov.au or call (08) 8226 0813.