Applying ACT to Depression and Anxiety - Clinical skills update course
For Mental Health Clinicians who have attended a basic or introductory ACT training workshop
3 ½ hour Zoom or face to face course
Facilitated by SA Mental Health Training Centre. See Mental health training calendar page for workshop dates.
This workshop aims to provide participants with additional skills and knowledge regarding the applicability of ACT to depression and anxiety. Key features of ACT. will be discussed including use of the core principles drawn from the ACT model (eg defusion, acceptance and valued ACTion) that can be used in what order for maximum effectiveness as part of case planning and formulation. In addition this workshop will explore quick, effective techniques to help your clients to understand their relationship and overcoming their struggle(s) with depression and anxiety.
At the end of the workshop participants will have an increased understanding of:
- The applicability of ACT. for the management and prevention of depression and anxiety
- Ways to apply the various core principles that ACT offers specifically to depression and anxiety
- ACT-ivation of case formulation and planning
- Resources and creative techniques to utilise
What other participants have said
- Clear and comprehensive presentation
- Enjoyed the whole workshop, I will enjoy using the handouts
- I enjoyed the discussions around personal experiences and how we can integrate ACT. methods in our prACTice with our clients and in our personal lives