Emergency Medical Dispatch Officers - COVID19
Are you an experienced Emergency Medical Dispatch Officer, or do you have experience in an emergency service communications (dispatch) environment and would like to register your interest to assist in South Australia?
SAAS is committed to the wellbeing of the South Australian community and we want to ensure that we have a co-ordinated and well-resourced response to the COVID-19 pandemic as it continues. To ensure that we can respond and cope with the demand placed on the South Australian public health system, we would be interested to hear from you. This is an important time to help the South Australian public, especially our most vulnerable cohorts.
We are seeking registrations of interest from experienced Emergency Medical Dispatch Officers, who do not currently work in the South Australian public health system, to register for this opportunity, so that we can contact you should the need arise.
Requirements when registering your interrest
When registering your interest, please consider that you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Hold HLT31015 - Certificate III Ambulance Communications (Call Taking) – for Emergency Medical Dispatch Support Officer role (or equivalent qualification or experience), or
- Hold (or be willing to obtain) HLT41015 - Certificate IV in Ambulance Communications (Dispatch) – for engagement into the Emergency Medical Dispatch Officer role (or equivalent qualification or experience)
- Hold (or be willing to obtain) HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid qualification
- Be a permanent resident or Citizen of Australia or New Zealand or hold full rights to work in Australia
- Able to provide (or willing to obtain) a National Police Check (General Probity & Vulnerable Persons)
- Be willing to undertake (if required) relevant medical, psychometric and aptitude assessments designed to ensure suitability to be considered for this role
How to register your interest
To register your interest, please email the SAAS Recruitment Team at Health.SAASRecruitment@sa.gov.au and provide the following details:
- Full name
- Contact details
- Current CV outlining your experience in emergency communications (dispatch)
- Evidence of your completion of the HLT41015 - Certificate IV in Ambulance Communications (Dispatch) or HLT31015 - Certificate III Ambulance Communications (Call Taking) or equivalent
- An indication of your availability
This information will be retained by the SAAS Recruitment Team for the duration of the COVID19 Pandemic. You will be contacted by the SAAS Recruitment Team should the need arise and be advised on the next steps.