Medical research careers
SA Health medical research specialists conduct world-class medical research in teaching hospitals and research organisations throughout Adelaide.
SA Health provides exciting opportunities for a broad range of health professionals seeking a career in basic, translational or clinical research. Employment opportunities are advertised on the SA Health Careers and IW4SA websites.
For more information about research at the following hospitals visit their research websites:
- Children, Youth, & Women's Health Service
- Flinders Medical Centre
- Repatriation General Hospital
- Royal Adelaide Hospital
- The Queen Elizabeth Hospital
SA Pathology is the statewide public pathology service that supports research centres, including the:
- Hanson Institute
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science
- Lysosomal Diseases Research Unit based at the Women’s and Children’s Hospital.
Universities and research centres
SA Health has close affiliations with the following universities and research centres. A research career in SA Health will provide you with excellent opportunities for collaboration with world-class research teams.
SA Health collaborates with medical researchers through various research centres at Flinders University.
University of Adelaide
Follow the link for research opportunities at Adelaide University.
Adelaide University research centres include:
- The Robinson Institute
- Research Centre for Reproductive Health
- Research Centre for Early Origins of Health and Disease
- Centre for Stem Cell Research
- Australian Research Centre for Health of Women and Babies
For more information about Adelaide University research centres contact:
University of South Australia
SA Health collaborates with medical researchers at the University of South Australia through the Samson Institute for Health Research.
Follow the link for information about UniSA research centres.